Waking up with a different accent

Everyone in the comment section agrees this is a flawless example of a Geordie accent. I wouldn't know, because I'm American. But this is clearly not a case of someone just "sounding foreign" because they elongate their vowels or whatever. This would be like the guy I met from San Francisco (who lived there all his life) and spoke with a distinctly East coast accent. Now, I'm no expert at East coast American accents, but I am an American with a pretty good ear. This guy was never diagnosed with "FAS" I'm sure, but you've got to wonder about stuff like that. It's like, did you know Creedence Clearwater Revival was from California? They were not "Born on the Bayou." FAS stands for "Foreign Accent Syndrome" and since the Staffordshire and Newcastle are in the same country it doesn't really count, but they clearly have a different accent. Could reincarnation explain something like this?